True Grist Homebrew Club
Last updated October 26th, 2017
I accept that membership in True Grist Homebrew Club (hereafter referred to as “The Club”) is granted only to Members who accept and commit annually to the most recent version of The Pledge. By accepting and agreeing to The Pledge, I acknowledge that participating in The Club’s activities is entirely voluntary and may involve personal risk. I also certify through my agreement to The Pledge that I will hold myself to The Club’s standards for personal conduct.
To provide clarity and without restricting the generality of the foregoing, I accept, agree, and commit that:
- I will not hold The Club, The Club Executive or any other Member of the Club responsible or liable for personal injury to myself or for damage to my property, while participating in any Club Activities.
- I understand any information or advice from Members of the Club (including from any Executive Member) provided through any Club related activity or communication (e.g. on the Club website, at Club events, in Club emails) is given without professional authority or expertise unless stated.
- I will not willfully misrepresent any food or beverage I share as part of any Club Activity with respect to safety or purity (e.g. alcohol content, absence of allergens).
- I understand that my consumption of any Member or Club provided food or beverage as part of any Club Activity is entirely voluntarily and at my own risk.
- I am aware that the consumption of alcoholic beverages affects my perception and reactions. If I consume alcohol as part of a Club Activity, I will do so responsibly, and in accordance with the law.
- I am fully responsible for my own conduct and safety at any Club Activities.
- I will not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, age, sexuality or abilities. I will provide and defend a safe environment for all Members and participants during all Club Activities.