On November 8th, Matt F. in Cambridge hosted the club for it’s monthly meeting. We had a great showing at this meeting, and had Matt’s basement brewery at capacity.
Club business at this meeting included:
- True Brewer participant “code names” distribution and labelling instructions. The True Brewer exchange will take place on Nov. 24th in Guelph.
- Hat distribution. Andrea at Creative Embroidery Works did an amazing job with these, and many of us are now proudly wearing them.
- 2018 dues announcement. We will be holding annual dues at $20 per year, and will begin accepting them for 2018 in December (details TBA). For existing full members, you will have until the end of January to keep your membership in good standing.
- Hayhoe Hops bulk buy update. Total ordered is just under 30# right now, one of our smaller bulk buys. Get your orders in, you have until Dec. 1st! Link here to the forum post with all the details and the order sheet. Distribution will be at our next meeting, where Scott Hayhoe will be bringing the orders, accepting payment in cash, as well as answering your burning hop growing and processing questions.
- Reminder that our December meeting is slated for December 13th. Location is still TBD!
Also at this meeting Matt provided attendees with some difficult news that our friend and True Grist member Chris K. was suddenly and severely affected by a rare autoimmune disorder of the nervous system called Guillain-Barré syndrome last month. Chris remains in intensive care, and is currently paralyzed. Chris will be in the hospital over Christmas, as well as the months following. To show our support, we are running a donation drive for Chris and his family until the next club meeting. More details and a donation link are provided on a page we’ve set up here. Updates on the donation drive and Chris will be provided on the forum.