True Grist held it’s February meeting at Rhythm and Brews Brewing Company in Cambridge. We were hosted by Rhythm and Brews co-owner, Andrew Byer. Andrew showed off the new space including their very new (and very shiny) brewhouse and fermentors which had arrived just days prior.
A number of announcements were made including:
- Competitions details! Jamie, our new Competitions Director, announced he will collect entries for the Barnstormer Pro-Am Competition at the next meeting, which he will deliver to Barnstormer in person before the entry deadline. Jamie also encouraged participation by both entry and volunteering in the upcoming Shortfinger x TWB competition. He is also looking into shipping methods for the Brewer of the Year competitions which take place across Canada.
- A reminder that the honey bulk buy closes on February 28 while the malt bulk buy closes on February 23.
- Andrew Byer has offered to proctor BJCP exams for the club. If you are interested in gaining BJCP recognition, stay tuned!
- The club is currently working on organizing educational events and there will be more announced about that in the future.
- If you want to get your homebrew creative juices flowing, there is now a place on the website under the “Blog” section where you can submit your own content to the website blog. This is a great spot to put a new technique, adjunct addition or any other homebrew related post.
- There are a few vacancies on our executive! Email Justin, our Club President at if you would like to get more involved in the club.
Following the announcements we had our Homebrewer’s Social and the second ever Troubleshooting Corner. There were many new faces, and lots of great beers. Thanks to everyone who came to the meeting. Join us next month, as the club travels to Revel Cider Co. in Guelph. This will be a great opportunity to tap into the cider and wild fermentation knowledge of Tariq and Stephen, and perhaps get some feedback from the pros on your cider!